The Captain shall have the sole responsibility for ensuring the safety and security of the vessel, the passengers, and the crew at all times. They shall be licensed by the United States Coast Guard to operate the vessel and ensure that all applicable rules and regulations are followed for each vessel they are assigned to operate. The Captain will also assume responsibility for seeing that the vessel and its crew are ready to accept passengers, provide the tour, and associated activities in a professional and timely manner. Duties include but at not limited to: ensuring passenger safety at all times; providing excellent customer service; safely piloting and maintaining control of company vessel on assigned route; conducting emergency preparedness drills; evaluations of crew members, participation in required training programs; directing the handling of vessel lines and running gear; supervising the loading of equipment; posting a watch; assuring Vessel security protocols are executed; supervising and performing light janitorial duties; light maintenance; interacting with passengers; conducting safety inspections; supervising and managing assigned vessel crew in accordance with Company policy and USCG requirements; implementing company SMS and Security plans for the vessel assigned; light clerical duties, including completing reports and logs.
Qualifications & Requirements:
– Must be friendly, enthusiastic, and hardworking.
– USCG 100-ton Master license.
– CPR/First Aid certification.
– Obtaining a TWIC card, as required.
– Ability to input data using a computer and other traditional means.
– Flexible or open availability. Evenings, weekends, and holidays are required.
– Per USCG regulations, all Captains will be subject to random drug testing, including marijuana