|Effective June 11, 2021, the City of Chicago and the State of Illinois are fully open with no COVID-19 restrictions.|
However, U.S. Coast Guard-inspected commercial passenger vessels must still comply with the federal mask mandate issued for transportation hubs and conveyances by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC). Fortunately, masks will no longer be required while boarding and disembarking, at our docks or while in the outside/open-air portions of the vessels. Masks are still required for employees and guests while inside the vessel’s lounge until further notice.
On June 10, CDC announced that “it will be amending its Face Mask Order to not require people to wear a mask in outdoor areas of conveyances (if such outdoor areas exist on the conveyance) or while at transportation hubs.” CDC also announced that “until it can amend the Order, it will exercise its enforcement discretion to not require wearing a mask in outdoor areas of transportation hubs (if such outdoor areas exist on the conveyance) or while outdoors at transportation hubs.”
Finally, “CDC continues to recommend wearing of masks in these areas by people who are not fully vaccinated.” Source: cdc.gov
The CDC said it made the change “because of the lower risk or transmission outdoors…Masks are still required indoors on all forms of transportation” regardless of vaccination status. CDC is considering other changes to its indoor transit mask policies.
The following policies and procedures remain in place until further notice: ·
- Tickets may be purchased online, on the phone or at the on-site ticket office.
- On site transactions are credit/debit card only.
- We strongly recommend that you purchase tickets online and download the tickets to your mobile device. ·
- Transactions at the vessel bars are credit card only. ·
- Hand sanitizer stations are installed on all vessels and at all facilities.
Wendella continues to encourage the following:
- Get vaccinated. ·
- Please wear a mask if you are not yet fully vaccinated. ·
- Practice social distancing where possible. ·
- Properly wash your hands.